Monday, March 23, 2009

Butterfly Experiment 2009

Well considering that we are home bound a lot lately, I am trying to keep Daniel entertained.
This isn't an easy feat!!

I'll say if there is a hidden camera somewhere in my house or if someone were to walk by and see in the house, they would think I was nuts.

There is a bunch of singing and dancing (done by me)
flash cards, sorting, computer (Daniel's favorite things to do)
many trips to the potty (I figure we're home we might as well utilize the time with potty training)
Watching "Signing Time" videos (Daniel)
programming the Eco14 (more on this later!)

Oh yeah and for our science part of the curriculum, we have our caterpillars (2) that we are watching grow.

Hopefully to become butterflies. Daniel (& daddy) seemed to enjoy it last year, so we figured we'd try it again. Beaumont (therapy) has a butterfly house every year at the mall.

A few of the kids are invited the day before it actually opens and they get to adopt a butterfly kit. Along with that they get to release over 3000 butterflies into the house. Now while I think this is a really cool thing. I will NOT go into the butterfly house. Totally freaks me out.

So, Daniel's therapist were there and took him in and helped him to release the butterflies from their little envelopes. There were butterflies every where. EEEEWWWW. And they were landing all over Daniel! YUCKKKKKKKKKK
Here is Daniel and Ms Carol doing the butterfly craft project
This is Ms Carol explaining to Daniel that the butterflies are in the envelope.
(Note his mouth/face- this is the new thing he does when he doesn't like something!)
Here is Ms. Linda, Ms. Carol and Daniel...after he got the crap scared out of him by a mammoth butterfly!

Victoria, Melanie & Daniel

Victoria also refused to go in the butterfly house because the guy working said they would probably go and land on her head because of the blue hair!

If you're interested in seeing the progression of last years butterfly experiment click here for the beginning, the middle,the ending of the middle, the end.

I am proud to say that I think this year I will handle things a little bit better than last! I THINK!!

1 comment:

Rich said...

You guys know about http://www.monarchwatch.org ? :-)