So, please find it in yourself to check out these links.
- 32 high-efficiency washers and dryers stationed on the truck
- Can do 300 wash and dry cycles a day -equal to one year's worth of laundry for a single family
- Will wash about 9,000 loads of laundry over a four-week period
- Leveraged during massive disasters where electricity is unavailable in the region
- In partnership with a local laundromat, the Tide Loads of Hope vans provide free laundry service at the same load rate as the trucks
- Leveraged during disasters where neighboring communities still have a source of electricity
March of Dimes - March for Babies For those who have heard of March of Dimes, but never knew what it was about. Just visit the link and read below, and support. Laura's walk is April 26, and that is only 46 Days left!!
I've joined March for Babies because my sons were born at 25 weeks the impact doesn't just affect the babies it effects the whole family and the March of Dimes help the needs of moms and babies in our community and across the nation. The money we raise for March for Babies will help:- support all-important research offering preventions and solutions for babies born too soon or with birth defects
- educate women on things they can do to increase their chances of having a healthy baby
- provide comfort and information to families with a newborn in intensive care
- push for newborn screening and health insurance for all pregnant women and children
My son has epilepsy, and I will tell you it is very scary. Not something that many people are aware of, and that is why this little girl, and her goal, is so cool. Check out Cassidy Megan, the little girl who started Purple Day.
"Hi, my name is Cassidy Megan. I’m nine years old and I have epilepsy. I started Purple Day because I wanted to tell everyone about epilepsy, especially that all seizures are not the same and that people with epilepsy are ordinary people just like everyone else. I also wanted kids with epilepsy to know that they are not alone."
Show your support, wear your support, wear purple. We have made up some t-shirts to show our support. Each of my daughters, along with Daniel and my daughters friends and co-workers will all be wearing our purple shirts on the 26th of March. If you're interested in purchasing a shirt, send me an email (email@example.com) and we'll get you hooked up!