Friday, February 20, 2009

Daniel Von Whoopidoo

Meet Daniel Von Whoopidoo........

How cool does he look?? He is such a big boy, and loves trying new things! He won't use his posture walker, does not want to hold on to it. He wants to walk but not use his walker....at this time, it won't work! So we were trying to get him interested in doing it another way.
This is the first time he has used walking canes. He's learning to balance by reaching forward and making a toy piano play.
Here is Daniel in his Ti-lite manual wheelchair. For those "professionals" who didn't think he'd be able to understand and use his arms to move the wheelchair.......check out where his arms/hands are?!?!!? Daniel Von Whoopidoo!!!

On a bummer note: We should be in Chicago right now for our ABR 1st satellite training. We're not. We are fighting off the seizure monster instead. Bigger creature than I can wrap my arms around. Bigger nightmare than I ever experienced or that I wanted.

So to those who have recently gone to their ABR satellite- Yipee I'm happy for you guys......I hope you have continued success.....now share what you've learned! Come on don't be stingy!!!

8 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wow, what a big boy he is! It's so great to see him standing!! And he does look like he knows what to do with the wheelchair, doesn't he?!

Way to go Daniel!!

P.S. my Emma gets her Rifton walker today....I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

I love reading about daniel! He is doing such a great job. His friends Marc and Peyton in NJ are so proud of him! Keep up the good work!

Danielle said...

That *happy how cool do I look with my walking canes* face is priceless!

...danielle

Keri said...

Go Daniel! Love seeing him try the canes. He looks as though he enjoyed something different. What a big boy!

Erin said...

Great pics! He is doing so, so great, Melanie. Will email you soon re: satellite.

Ellen Seidman said...

He looks so great in those photos!
I am sorry you are still wrestling with the seizure monster; I really hope that is resolved, soon. I know the torture.

AshleyS said...

way to go Daniel!!

Tara Bennett said...

Look at him go! Oh, this truly made my heart leap with joy! I love that he's exceeding the 'profiessional's' expectations.

I do hope the seizure monster gets under control soon, though. God bless.