Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Casts, Casts and More Casts



We are in week 4 of the serial casting.
Its a love/hate relationship.
I love that it is working and doing the stretching (we are currently at 14- "normal" is 15- we started at 0).
I hate that they are heavy, bulky and get in MY way. Daniel doesn't seem to mind. He's easy going like that. He just goes with the flow, I love it.

We have until the 22nd and then he will be done. He will start wearing night splints, but I think we can live with that. He got casted for those last week and picked out some pretty outlandish color combinations. But hey, they are only for night time, so might as well have fun with them!

We have been doing the home-schooling but I'm not as strict as I would/should be with it. Thank goodness that the school district is still coming to the home twice a week with a teacher/speech/PT & OT!! They are a great group of woman that come out and he really enjoys it.

On another note- we got the results back for Daniel's VEP & ERG tests.
I am very happy to say that the last line reads: This was a normal visual evoked potential as well as ERG study. That is a nice thing to see!!

Well I'll leave you at that and not overwhelm (or bore you) with the updates. Hopefully I'll start to get back into the groove of updating more frequently.

7 comments:

Katy said...

Hooray for normal! I love it when they use that word.

C said...

I LOVE "normal." Don't know much about it though, from personal experience. ;o)

MMMom said...

Awesome word in a report!

Sorry you are dealing with the casts.

Candace said...

ARGGG! I HATE casting! My girl, Faith, just got out of her third series in December, after gastrocs release surgery. I am totally there with you! Glad he got to pick out some cool splints, though

Dawn said...

He has the world's best smile. Cast or no cast
And I'm happy for the good reports!

Anonymous said...

yea for daniel! please update more, i love to see what's going on on a daily basis! :)

love sister C

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Normal sounds pretty good to me! Glad the casting is going well and you are seeing progress.

Love those pictures. Daniel is incredibly cute!