Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What was I saying???

Today after I dropped Daniel off to school, I began the telephone calls that needed to be made.

The phone was ringing, I was sitting at my desk with the planner open and papers spewed all around me, and emails flying open on the computer. I kind of zoned out, and heard the person on the other end saying 'Hello? Hello?'. Me - "Oh sorry, hello" and then everything was gone. I couldn't remember who the heck I was calling. Crap, was it the orthopedic doctor, the ABR place (nope this person didn't have an accent!), insurance, or scheduling department for an EEG??
Nothing like feeling like a fool first thing in the morning!
Me- "Sorry its been a long day...what number did I just dial?"
Person on the other end- "It's only 9 a.m.....and it's already a long day!"
Me-"Welcome to my world!"

Turns out, I miss dialed and it wasn't anyone I needed to talk to. But she was awfully nice so I should have suspected something right off the bat!!! The people I generally have to talk to are not to receptive at any time of the day!

That is how my day seemed to continue on. I have so many things I have to get done and organized that I am so scatter brained its not fair!

Ever sit and wonder if you're losing your mind? I do. But then I think well if I'm really losing my mind, would I really be aware of it? If I could understand that things weren't processing correctly , then technically I'd be considered rational...so if you think you're going bonkers you really aren't because you're thinking about it right?? LOL.

OK so no medical terms here but I'm feeling a few cards short of a full deck. I can't get organized, I HATE NOT BEING ORGANIZED. I can't stand not knowing what is going on, where everything is, and what I should be doing.

I have all these plans for what I should be doing to keep the house going right and not messy, what I should be doing with Daniel. When Daniel is at school what I should be doing and then when I look back I think why wasn't I doing project B instead of what I had done and then I get all ticked off at myself. When I am not organized and feeling in control I get completely and totally bummed out and depressed.....and I feel like I'm losing my mind! I wish I knew how to be organized and keep things going smoothly. I really really wish!

Now ask my hubby and he thinks I'm the most anal person around, that I'm a neat freak, that I always have to be in control, that I need to take a "chill pill" (I so hate that term!) If he tells me to "relax" one more time....I'll drop kick him across the room.
Where the heck does all the time go and how the heck am I suppose to get all of this stuff done?
Can anyone help??? Why does it seem like I am the only person struggling with keeping it all together? I so want to be that "SuperMom" person that I hear about and strive to be.

Uugh anyways, life at my house.....what was I saying??

Oh yeah......18 days, 3 hours, 57 minutes and 12 seconds until we start ABR!!!!

3 comments:

laila said...

LOL- I think that all the time!!!Yeap were definitly still here-not sure for how long but people who lose it aren't still thinking about it, lol! WTG on your walk- I saw everyone on Sunday at ford feild park in Dearborn- you guys looked great- and its amazing how much $$$ you all raised!

C said...

Oh honey -- ME TOO!!! I often feel like I'm losing my mind. I keep thinking something should be easier than it is -- probably not helpful since there's no reason for it to be, really.

Hugs to you -- and for the walk. Sniff. Gotta go blow my nose.

Jacolyn said...

Oh I love to hear someone else does it! I can't tell you how many times I've made a phone call forgetting who I called and hoping to recognize a voice. I think we need a secretary!