Does this photo make anyone else sad? Besides me?
It makes me sad because
- He's only 2 1/2 yrs old and no child should have to have leg braces...its just not fun.
- Its sad that he has a condition that means he'll probably have these types of braces for a really long,long time
- Just the fact that they started off so small and look how big they are now...means the baby is growing up!
- Just another thing to make him look different than other children his age
- They just represent 'a struggle'
It makes me smile because
- It gives him the strength to stand on his legs and work his muscles. It gives him that extra little umpf to get his walker going.
- They help give him his independence and freedom
- They give me hope, that there is a chance that he WILL walk with his head held high, and he will conquer this struggle, and he will inch his way along. It may be a slow process, but he WILL get there.
Never imagined I could resent an object as much as I do his AFO's and then turn around and love them for other reasons. Oh the emotional roller coaster we live! UP one minute and Down the next. Sad, Happy, Sad.....
Anyone know what to do with used AFO's?