Sunday, May 13, 2007

First Weekend Home

Well this weekend, Aunt Denise and her children and their children were in town from Colorado and Canada to visit for Mother's Day. Here are some of the pictures that were taken.















It was nice to see everyone again. There is some sadness when I see other children that are Daniel's age or younger doing things that he isn't able to do. Don't get me wrong, I love that they CAN and are ABLE to do it, I guess you'd call it envy or jealousy. I wonder if Daniel is thinking in his smart little head..."how come I can't do that? Why can't I run and play with like they do, or how come my words don't come out?" I wonder if deep down, Daniel is sad.

It scares me because what if I can't know what is wrong with Daniel. What if he can't communicate with me and I can't understand him. Or what if he gets lost or something and he isn't able to tell anyone who he is, or how he feels, or that he is lost. Can you imagine? I mean imagine, not being able to communicate, not being able to write down what is wrong. NO means of communication. You can't use your hands, you can't use your voice....try it for 1/2 a day, see what feels you have, how alone you must feel. UUUGH....

Anyways sorry for my rambling....but these are the types of things that go through my head on a daily basis, anyways.....back to the pictures, hope you enjoy them.

No comments: