Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another book review....

Again, my daughter got Daniel another book.

When your child gets ready to start school, or to start going somewhere new.
This would be a great book to send to school ahead of time for the teacher to read to the class, to prep them. Just so maybe it won't be so hard for your child.

This book is called: "A Very Special Critter" by Mercer Mayer

It's about a new student that is coming to school. and just because he uses a wheelchair doesn't make him different. Its a good book for the little ones to see, that just because he's in a wheelchair doesn't mean he can't do things.

I love Amazon, you can pretty much look up the book above, and when the screen populates you can see a bunch of other books that are suggested for special needs. I am all for getting people prepped before hand, so that Daniel or me for the matter don't have to deal with stares. Of course there will always be questions, and I don't mind questions most of the time. Unless of course you're looking down your nose at us!!

So, again Caitlin.....thanks for finding us another winner. We're waiting patiently for the next new book!!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hi! Just thought i'd introduce myself! My son Tanner is swapping with Daniel for the Christmas book swap! Can't wait!

Kathryn said...

I LOVE Mercer Mayer. Ellie loves his, It's Just a Snowy Day book. I will have to check this one out.

EMBelieve said...

Matthew loves Mercer Mayers books too. I have to get that one for sure!