Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Twenty Days and Counting

...OH MY GOODNESS!!

20 days until Daniel and part of the family get on a plane and fly to Florida for 7 wonderful, hopefully stress free days!

Stress Free..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Can't wait. Just hope I make it through the next 20 or so days...just came up so quickly and now I feel like I'm scrambling to make sure I get everything I need to have done before we leave. Because I've never flown with Daniel or Victoria for that matter, I'm nervous about how they will both handle it. If there will be issues with any of Daniel's medicines, his car seat, our luggage, his wheelchair....just plain ol' nervous.

For those of you who don't know, Daniel was granted a wish through The Rainbow Connection in Michigan. We thought about it for a really long time and we were going to use the wish for equipment or therapy, but in the end we decided that Daniel works hard enough every day and does 9+/- therapy sessions a week plus many things at home. He deserves to have some fun. So Disney and Florida it is.

Today he received an email from the "Mayor Clayton" of Give Kids the World Village. Here is how it read:

Dear Daniel,

I just heard the GREAT news - You are coming to visit me and my friends at Give Kids The World Village!! Wow, we have so much to do to get ready for you and your family - I can hardly wait for you and your family to join us.

Now what was that you said?? Ohhhhhh you want to know what kind of fun you can have at Give Kids The World??

No problem! Check out this link and see what awaits you at our Village:
http://www.gktw.org/pre/default.asp


I'll see you soon!!
Love and Friendship,

Mayor Clayton

Now how cute is that?!?!?! He is going to be either really really excited about the 6 ft tall characters or he will be terrified. We shall see.......


By the way, here is a photo that I did get from my "Duh! Day" when two little friends, that have the exact same RARE brain malformation that Daniel has, came to visit. I only got a photo with one of the girls.......because I had a brain fart and forgot to get more photos. That has been happening a lot and I'm very surprised at myself as I am usually that obnoxious person who always has to document everything with photos!

Daniel and Maeve

(Daniel just woke up and Maeve is as chipper as can be!)

No comments: