Saturday, December 26, 2009

Serenity

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things that I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
I'm going to start saying this every morning before I get out of bed, and hope it helps. My mom always use to say it to me when I was having issues. I miss hearing her tell me. I wonder if she'd ever heard this one?
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.
- Author unknown
My dad use to be a real smart-a$$, so I'm sure she probably did! and I'm sure she tsk-tsk'ed him about it too! :)


Yea- (tee hee hee) no really seriously.. I'm kidding Mom!
I'm going to start saying it the right way.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I posted on this prayer during the summer and posted the entire prayer. I didn't really know a couple more verses existed, but find sooooooo much comfort in the last couple of lines. If you want, go check out my post. I still think of this prayer on almost a daily basis and it's the last few lines that always pick me up.

http://howlifehappens.blogspot.com/2009/08/comfort-in-prayer.html

Danielle said...

Hy-sterical!

Oh...and good luck with being good!

...danielle