Sunday, March 23, 2008

Breast Cancer 3-Day


As many of you already know, I lost my mother, Betty Tamm, to breast cancer just a few short months ago. My mom fought a long and hard fight for over 22 years. She left behind many family members and countless others who loved her dearly. She passed away shortly after last years' 3 Day walk. She patiently waited for my sister-in-law to pass by her during her 6th year walking.


Sadly, last year was not the first time my life was touched by this disease. I also lost my sister Liz, who died at only 43 years of age. My father also lost his battle against cancer. His was lung cancer. Watching my mother, sister and father fight for so long was very sad. But at the same time, their determination was, and still is, a great inspiration.


Now that my mother's journey has ended, I truly hope this is the last time my family has to be exposed to this horrible disease. I have many sisters, daughters, brothers, cousins, and friends who I would hate to see endure the pains of cancer. If raising $2,200 and walking 60 miles in 3 days will help find a cure and prevent me from watching another person I love suffer and die from cancer, then count me in. I am proud to be walking in memory of my mother, father and sister. And to walk with some of my other family members makes it extra special. This is for you, mom. This is for you, Liz. This is for you, dad.


This is also for my daughters, sisters, brothers and family. May we never have to lose another one of us to breast or any other form of cancer. Please send this link onto your family, friends, co-workers or anyone who you think would like to help us find a cure.


You can donate by clicking here. Or just click the widget at the top of the page. You can also call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone.


Thank you for your support!!

~Melanie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it $2,200 per person or team?

-B