Here are my possibly theories on why Daniel will not drink from a bottle since his hip surgery.
I mean I should know right?
Since I've been medically trained! HA HA NOT!
- His throat is irritated from having the breathing tube shoved down his throat? Maybe it hit/pinched a nerve somewhere in the back of his throat?
- He normally has a lot of spasticity in his body. Because he is casted on his legs, his arms are more relaxed, he is not drooling....perhaps he used his tone to help him suck prior to surgery?
- He had some possible seizures after surgery and perhaps he lost his ability to suck? (Everything else seems fine)
- He had a very set way of sitting on my lap and drinking his bottle, now he cannot get into the right position so he is just refusing to eat?
- The formula tastes different now because of the anesthesia? (suggest by another mom)
- He is just being a stubborn little boy and likes to stress me out? :)
|He doesn't fit to well.|
|Out for a walk|
|practicing sitting up!|
|This honey bear and a gummy bear video gets him to drink.|
|At our new desk in the classroom!|
Let me know what your theories are!